NX Tip of the Week
May 29, 2015
NX - Getting the Area of a Closed Curve
In this week's Tip, we will look at how to get the area of closed curve on a drafting drawing.
1) In the Drafting application, select Analysis > Advanced Mass Properties > Area using Curves:
2) Select Boundary (Temporary):
3) Select the curves.
4) Click OK on the 2D Analysis dialog.
5) Set the desired tolerance. Click OK.
6) Select the 'Perimeter/Area' button to display the information.
Note: If the curves are not selectable in Step 3, expand the view first before beginning the Area using Curves command.
a) Hover the cursor over the view boundary, select MouseButton3 > Expand
b) To turn the Expanded View off, hover the cursor over the view boundary, select MouseButton3 > Expand.
I hope you find this tip useful, thank you.
Ally PLM Solutions, Inc.
Want more tips? Sign up HERE to receive our Tip of the Week.
Register for upcoming free NX webinars or learn more about Ally PLM Solutions.